Saturday, October 10, 2009

Month 16

Here are my pictures at 16 months (close to 17 now). It's still growing at its own pace (slowly but surely).

I tried using soft spikes last week but my curls fell after 2 days. Maybe my hair wasn't wet enough. Anyway, this time I wet my hair thoroughly and used a little crinkles and curls setting lotion. I set it overnight on rods about 4 days ago.




top


front


top


side



back


I have been thinking about coloring my hair but I am on the fence about it. I've never really been that into color but I've been seeing a lot of people lately with nice color and have been considering experimenting. I like the color of my hair and the texture. Many clients I have seen with color have experienced a change in hair texture and sometimes breakage, so I think I may just forgo the coloring thing for now. It sure is tempting though.

On the goal front, I have almost accomplished the goals I set out at the beginning of the year. Good thing since I will be thinking of my 2010 goals soon. So far the first one is to become a certified sisterlocks consultant.




At my last swim lesson with a new instructor, I actually swam on my own for the first time! No flotation devices, just me in the water and not drowning :-) I still have a few more lessons, because I still need to work on my breathing and form...but I am happy I was able to do that on my own. It looks like my Egypt trip will definitely be postponed, maybe for a few years, and I still haven't found an Arabic class. I downloaded some stuff from iTunes but haven't listened to all of the lessons yet though I learned a few phrases.













1 comment:

  1. Your hair is looking great. I'm sitting under the dryer now waiting for my hair to dry. I set it on perm rods last night; went to bed and it still isn't dry. Urgh!

    PS. I notice a link to my page on your sidebar doesn't work (nihuru)...I had to change my link address for security reasons..if you click on my name from the comment you will get the correct page and address link. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete