Wednesday, April 1, 2009

2009 Goal Update 3

OK, so I am having trouble finding an Arabic class around these parts...I may just have to try studying on my own at some point. That's for later this year though.

As for my other goals, here's how it's going so far:

  • School: I am slacking a little on my classes but I'm mostly caught back up. I finished my paper the other day which was a struggle. I'm waiting for it to be graded *crossing fingers* and now I have to focus on my group assignments again. One thing is for sure, I am DONE with college after this! Graduation date is May 16, 2009!!!
  • Sisterlocks: I am looking forward to going to the black hair expo this month to hopefully pass out some brochures for Sisterlocks. Business has been slow but I've been focused on school so it's just as well. At the end of the month when classes are winding down I will concentrate on it more. I am thinking about working in a salon so I don't have to do SLs out of my home.
  • Fitness: As for my vaguely stated goal to get in shape, hanging out with PLMachine-MD and NeesasMom is slowly turning me into a fitness junkie too...or as PLMachine-MD says "the new princess of fitness" lol. My goals aren't as lofty as theirs, I just want to lose 2 inches off my waist (maybe 10 lbs. while I'm at it) and get in shape. Once I'm reasonably "fit" I may take some martial arts classes. I definitely want to do some self-defense training but I'm not into karate, I want something more practical so if I'm in a dark alley alone I can hold my own (not that I hang out in dark alleys). Anyway, I have been touring different gyms in the area and finally joined one this week. I have 14 days to try it out but I may not cancel after all.
  • Swimming: Now that I have Sisterlocks and don't have to worry about my hair looking a hot mess, my new goal is to learn to swim by the end of the year. I did know how to swim at one point, I think, when I was like 4 but I guess like they say if you don't use it, you lose it. So I plan to learn how to swim this year so the next time I go to a beach or get on a boat I don't have to worry about drowning.

No comments:

Post a Comment