I was reflecting on 2008 and realized I had a few firsts this year:
- I got my first iPod! (I know I'm late)
- For the first time my two front teeth are even and gap free (long story)
- I went to my first presidential political rally
- I went to a spa for the first time
- I went to my first concert (rock the bells!)
- I am wisdom tooth free for the first time (got the last 3 pulled, what fun!)
- I got my first bike since I was like 8 years old
- I discovered the joys of butternut squash
- I started my first blog
And most importantly...
- I got sisterlocks!
In 2009 I plan to take a class to brush up on my Arabic skills that I seem to have left on the campus of Howard University, plan a trip to Egypt for this year or 2010, take the sisterlocks training class, and finally finish my masters degree (one more class).
I don't make new years resolutions, but suffice it to say I know I am out of shape and need to get back to exercising (don't we all).
Happy new year!